To publish effects to Instagram, you need to have your Instagram account linked to the Facebook profile or Page that will manage the effect (the effect owner). The followers of the Instagram account linked to the profile or Page will be able to discover the effect in the Instagram camera while browsing through effects.
All Instagram account types (personal, creator, and business) can publish effects to Instagram.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook profile
If you just have one Instagram account and one Facebook profile, to connect your account to your Facebook profile:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Follow the instructions in the Instagram help center to connect your account.
- Refresh Spark AR Hub to make sure the accounts are properly linked.
If you’re still having trouble linking your accounts, try logging out of both apps, then, first, log in to Facebook followed by Instagram and repeat steps 2 and 3.
Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page
If you have a Facebook Page that you want to use to manage your effects, you can connect your Instagram account to your Facebook Page. You have to be an admin or editor of the Facebook Page to do this. Only one Instagram account can be connected to a Facebook Page and vice versa.
To connect your Instagram account to a Facebook Page:
- Log in to your Facebook Page.
- Go to Settings in the top-right of your Page.
- Click Page roles in the left column and make sure you’re listed as an Admin or Editor.
- Click Instagram in the left column.
- Click Connect Account.
- Enter your Instagram account’s Username and Password. If you’re already signed in to Instagram in your browser, you may not be asked for specific credentials and can just click continue. Note that if you have a personal Instagram account this step will convert it to a business account.
Connecting multiple Instagram accounts to a Page with Business Manager
You can link multiple Instagram accounts to a Page by adding them all to the same business with Business Manager.
This allows multiple people to manage the effect settings and it also lets you distribute your effect to the followers of all of the Instagram accounts in your Business Manager.
Learn how to use Business Manager to link multiple Instagram accounts.
Who can see your effect
Followers of the Instagram accounts you select will be able to see your effect when browsing in the Instagram camera.
If someone shares a story using your effect, a Try It button will be displayed on the story. Anyone can try the effect by clicking the Try It button, not just the followers of the account.